MIDI Association Member Apple Releases Logic Pro 10.7
Apple released Logic Pro 10.7 with spatial audio as the star, but there are also a lot of other new features.
New in Logic Pro 10.7
New features and enhancements
- Mixer now supports spatial audio tools for Dolby Atmos:
- Expanded pan controls.
- 13 plug-ins expanded for 7.1.2 channels.
- Export Dolby Atmos ADM BWF file ready for Apple Music.
- More than 2800 new loops in a variety of genres and from some of the world's top producers.
- Optimized for Apple silicon on new MacBook Pro models.
- More than 230 new instrument and audio patches.
- 50 vintage and modern drum kits, including a collection of 808 samples.
- It is now possible to paste regions copied from multiple tracks to new tracks using a Marquee selection to define the starting track and position.
- The Select Unused Tracks command now excludes tracks inside Summing Stacks.
- The Track Inspector now offers separate MIDI input and output port settings.
- It is now possible to convert MIDI regions to Step Sequencer Pattern regions.
- Multiple new Step Sequencer features including Live and Step Recording, convert MIDI to Pattern region, and Mono mode.
Something special if you are into lots of MIDI Controllers
Look close and you'll now see a MIDI port and channel selector in the Track Inspector! For those of us simultaneously using multiple hardware controllers like sequencers, drum pads and keyboards this is huge! Because now you can EASILY route MIDI from multiple controllers (and the IAC bus) directly to individual tracks by selecting their ports in the Track Inspector. In effect, different controllers can be "normalled" to different tracks by selecting the port and MIDI channel. This allows recording several MIDI controller tracks live at the same time.
by Ask Audio
For more information, go to the Apple website.