The source of CME's WIDI Wireless MIDI technology available for MIDI developers
WIDI Core is your smart (BLE) breakout board that implements premium MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy functionality as designed & developed by CME.
What can you do with WIDI Core (X)?
The breakout board can be built into any existing piece of MIDI equipment that features MIDI I/O. Power consumption is ultra low and it works natively with Apple iOS, MacOS, Windows and Android. It can also play both the central and peripheral role to connect to any existing BLE MIDI peripheral, such as Roland AX Edge, Korg MicroKey Air, Roli Seaboard, CME Xkey Air, Jamstik+ Guitar, etc.
What is the difference between WIDI and other BLE MIDI solutions?
WIDI distinguishes itself from any other Bluetooth MIDI technology available through its unique SCA technology. SCA is a collection of highly effective algorithms that optimise the performance of WIDI in any given situation.SCA stands for Smart Connectivity Algorithms:
- Dual Role Automation
- Automatic Pairing Mode
- Smart Hub Functionality
- Latency Reduction Optimisation
- Range Performance Optimisation
WIth WIDI you add the most advanced wireless MIDI technology available to your MIDI project.
- Black box concept of MIDI over BLE
WIDI Core Features & Data Sheet
- Built in CC2642R single-chip Bluetooth Smart (BLE 4 / 5) System-On-Chip (SOC).
- TX power: -21dBm to 5dBm
- RX sensitivity: up to - 105dBm (LE coded PHY)
- Breakout board size: 23.42mm (W) x 29.03mm (L) x 4.3 mm (H) (With Shielding)
- Operating Voltage: 2.0V to 16V
- RX current: 6.9mA
- TX current @ 0dBm: 7.4mA
- TX current @ 5dBm: 9.7mA
- Auto-negotiation of the lowest possible connection interval
- Auto-negotiation of the faster PHY 1Mb / 2Mb depending on RSSI
- Auto-negotiation of the largest supported MTU
- Over The Air firmware update
- Support BLE central and peripheral roles
- Support automatic connection with other BLE devices
- Full MIDI implementation available on request
- Support MIDI SYSEXs up to 5K bytes @ lowest BLE connection interval
- Support Unlimited MIDI SYSEX size @ higher BLE connection interval
- Support all MIDI events ( SYSEX, Real-time, controllers, MPE,..)
- Support MIDI Running status
- Max input voltage on VI pin : 16VDC
- Max input voltage on other pins : 4.1VDC
- LEDs outputs (LR, LG, LB) maximum current : 8mA