Initial rtpmidid release. 20.04 #stayathome
- Basic RTP MIDI protocol implementation for Linux
- Use of UDP/IP to communicate MIDI devices
- Most common MIDI messages: Notes, CC, Pitch Bend...
- Interoperable with Windows, Mac OS*, iPad, Android and Hardware Devices. And with other rtpmidid instances.
- Uses ALSA sequencer interface (tip: qjackctl is great for managing connections)
- Use mDNS for easy discovery of other ends
- This release includes packages for Ubuntu and Raspbian.
- GPLv3 License
(*) Not tested as I don't have access to Hardware. But if it works on iPad it should work on Mac OS.
This marks the first rtpmidi release, the #stayathome edition.
It has minimal features and can be used on experimental setups to use rtpmidi. It has been tested with iPads, Android (TouchDAW), rtpmidi for Windows, and Deepmind12 for hardware.
It has no support for the journal, so in theory some MIDI packets might be lost, which can be a problem. The introspection capabilities are also very limited, just now only on the logging data and a bit via the rtpmidid-cli.
Please leave comments, feature requests, bugs and improvements at https://github.com/davidmoreno/rtpmidid/