Hello, this is Bavi_H
posting using another account. I recently noticed my normal Bavi_H account was banned from the forum, but I think this must have been a mistake? Can anyone help get me un-banned from the forum?
It looks like I was banned sometime between April 10 afternoon US time (the last time I posted on the forum) and April 11 morning US time (the next time I logged in and noticed I was banned). Currently, when I log into the midi.org forum with my normal Bavi_H account and look at bottom of a message thread, in the usual spot to add a reply there is instead an orange bar that says "Sorry but you are not allowed to reply to this discussion because you already get banned by admin." [sic]
1. Do the moderators have a way to discuss things privately, to discuss good methods and practices to use when deciding to ban users and delete messages?
2. Do the moderators have the ability to undo a ban? If not, do the moderators have a way to contact an admin to undo a ban?
3. When someone is banned, what is the best way for the banned person to contact an moderator or admin for information about why they were banned or to appeal for the ban to be reversed? Here are contact methods I've tried so far:
• I went to the Contact Us link at the bottom of any midi.org page and submitted a message. I haven't gotten any response yet.
• I e-mailed the webmaster e-mail address mentioned in this old post
. I immediately got a bounce message saying the e-mail address doesn't exist.