We envision the following expansion plans:
1. Product finalisation: by continuing our research and development and user evaluations, we aim to refine the user interface and user experience of Netz. We will integrate our novel multimodal deep learning model for hand pose estimation, which combines wearable (surface electromyography armband) and HMD signals. The model provides a low latency solution to keep track of hand gestures in self-occlusion situations, improving performance over hand-tracking based on the HMD alone.
2. Diversify the Netz product line: we envision to build variants of Netz catering to different skill levels, musical genres, preferences, and budgets (e.g. alternative layouts, sound libraries, and features). Users will be able to adapt the instrument to their own liking, and the instrument ecosystem can be made modular so that users can build their own MRMIs.
3. Increasing exposure: we aim to work with artist endorsers and promoters to showcase Netz in live venues and music festivals.
4. Cross-platform compatibility: we will make Netz compatible with various MR headsets and platforms to maximise its accessibility and market reach.
5. Collaboration with software developers: we plan to partner with developers to create custom applications, plugins, and extensions for popular digital audio workstations and music production software, further integrating Netz into the digital music ecosystem.
6. Develop a user community: we will encourage collaboration, knowledge sharing, and networking among Netz users by creating an online platform with forums, tutorials, and user-generated content.
7. Build other MRMIs: we also plan to develop other MRMIs, covering a wider spectrum of MR musical interactions.
8. Exploring non-musical applications: we will investigate the potential of Netz's technology in other creative fields, such as visual arts, gaming, or therapy, to find new avenues for growth and diversification.