<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									MIDI Hardware - MIDI.org Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware</link>
            <description>MIDI.org Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Sun, 11 Oct 2026 20:13:49 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Hello I&#039;m new to Midi and here</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/hello-im-new-to-midi-and-here</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 29 Aug 2026 18:18:51 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[HI everyone, A friend recommended this site and I am writing to both introduce myself and also probably make a total fool of myself asking some really dumb questions. As with this forum and ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>HI everyone, <br /><br />A friend recommended this site and I am writing to both introduce myself and also probably make a total fool of myself asking some really dumb questions. As with this forum and community, I'm new to MIDI although I've had MIDI equipment for about 10 years or so already. I've just never got to using it before now, as I was doing everything on to a mixer and I plan to continue using that as the main platform for my recording. However, a while ago I started getting curious about MIDI and I connected a number of instruments together and really havent looked back. So this is what I came here to ask about, and learn more.</p>
<p>I would like to link a number of instruments I have via Midi to create more complex instrumentations which I want to send to a Zoom Live Track 20 mixing deck. What I want to do is create a synchronous interactive polyphonous sound configured through MIDI while also sending the individual voices of the various instruments to the Zoom 20 deck via Phone/XLR cable. In effect I want to create two kinds of networks (MIDI and conventional audio jacks) using the same instruments all of which are controlled via a central unit in the system which I will play. The sound modules I want to link up are;<br /><br />1) Midi Network - Circuit One<br />i Mini Nova synth <br />ii Yamaha MOXF <br />iii Korg Volca Drum <br />iv Behringer RD9 <br />v Beat Buddy 2 <br />vi Line6 Guitar Helix<br />Circuit One : Connect MIDI Network To Zoom L20 via a final connection through 6.3mm jack or XLR. </p>
<p>Circuit Two : The individual voices of the seperate instruments connected via XLR/right channel phone to the Zoom L20. <br />i Mini Nova<br />ii Yamaha MOXF<br />iii Volca Drum<br />iv Behringer RD9<br />v Beat Buddy 2<br />vi Guitar via Line 6</p>
<div>The idea is to get two different sounds from each instrument;</div>
<div>a) the sound produced via the MIDI induced configuration, and </div>
<div>b) the sound that comes out of the instrument without the MIDI induced sound. </div>
<div>I want to record both these sound sources on the Zoom Livetrack 20 and get a 'band' feel to the music rather than dubbing different tracks and building the sound progressively with each dub. I also still like the "analogic" experience of creating the music mechanically through the way I play the instruments rather than just programming stuff straight into a DAW or something like that. My feeling is I will probably use the Yamaha MOXF as the central controller of the MIDI network to get the chords and tones and instrument changes into the network, alhtough I may end up using a clock to master the timing of all the instruments together. <br /><br />2) Three Questions about MIDI Hardware</div>
<div>A) What is the best way to get a synchronous MIDI network of this nature to work? My research into MIDI suggests that long daisy-chains is not a good idea. </div>
<div>B) What would be the best way to set up this synchronous MIDI network? A MIDI clock(+MIDI through hub/s) or just MIDI hub/s and use the controller (say MOXF) to set the timing? Would that for sure stop any unexpected timing deviations from the other sound modules?</div>
<div>C) Is it possible to use the MIDI controller (MOXF or a dedicated MIDI controller) to specify what each instrument would do, for example if I want the MiniNova to create bass lines, the MOXF itself to create a symphonic sound of strings as well as other voices such as bells, and the Korg Volca to create a range of tonal rythms, while the Beat Buddy creates a basic drum kit beat while the RD9 creates more complex overlays of beats and rythms (perhaps in different time signatures). Or would it be simpler/better to just programme each of these sound modules individually to produce the sounds I would like them to? <br /><br />I would appreciate any product recommendations to create this network as well. <br /><br />Sorry for the long post - I hope someone will find time to look at it. <br /><br />Thanks, regards and greetings</div>
<div><br />John </div>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>MIDInovice</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/hello-im-new-to-midi-and-here</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Nektar Impact GX49 issues with usb midi hub</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/nektar-impact-gx49-issues-with-usb-midi-hub</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 07 Jul 2026 07:37:23 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi,Im currently trying to connect my gx49 via usb midi hub (CME H2, Kenton) to control my 3rd wave desktop module but Im running into note hanging issue.When I play note quickly and use pitc...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi,<br /><br />Im currently trying to connect my gx49 via usb midi hub (CME H2, Kenton) to control my 3rd wave desktop module but Im running into note hanging issue.<br /><br />When I play note quickly and use pitchwheel at the same time notes tend to get stuck (remain playing) after the key is released, other notes can be played while this happens, the note stops playing only after the same note is played again, this happens also in daw when I tried to play the keyboard through the CME into Ableton.<br /><br />Ive tried both the CME and Kenton hub, same thing happens on both. Also tried different midi keyboards, even another Nektar gx61 and only both of those Nektar keyboards created this issue ( I need to use this one because of my limited space in my case).<br /><br />Ive manage to get it working only when I ran it like this:<br /><br />Nektar -&gt; usb C ABLETON -&gt; usb C CME -&gt; 5pin 3rd Wave<br /><br />This makes no sense to me since I read that Ableton is not altering midi notes going through.<br /><br />Did anyone else encounter any issues trying to use Nektar midi with usb hubs?<br /><br />Any suggestions what this might be about?<br /><br />Thanks for any inside.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>Jan Dobrovolný</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/nektar-impact-gx49-issues-with-usb-midi-hub</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Roland MIDI Equipment problems with MIDI2.0</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/roland-midi-equipment-problems-with-midi2-0</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 24 Mar 2026 12:05:59 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Good Day
I have the following Roland products that have issues with MIDI2.0.
2 x Roland Fantom XR modules and 1 x SonicCell module. In the MIDI app, it will be registered all as Fantom uni...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good Day</p>
<p>I have the following Roland products that have issues with MIDI2.0.</p>
<p>2 x Roland Fantom XR modules and 1 x SonicCell module. In the MIDI app, it will be registered all as Fantom units. It does not recognize the ID and therefore personalizing does not work to correctly identify the MIDI API.</p>
<p>The other MIDI interfaces are working correctly:</p>
<p>2 x Korg Kronos, 2 x Korg M3 and Roland Integra 7</p>
<p>M-Audio Midisport 8 x 8 is seen for 1 x Korg X5 and Roland JV1010 but Cubase pro14/15 still crash because of Midisport unit</p>
<p>All the above unit work properly before MIDI2.0</p>
<p>Note: Roland Fantom XR and SonicCell drivers are not digitally signed and were modified to work with Windows 10 <span style="color:#aaa">removed link</span> </p>
<p>When will the M-Audio Midisport driver clash be sorted out?</p>
<p>Is there a workaround with the API driver id confusion?\</p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Henk</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>Henk Zwart</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/roland-midi-equipment-problems-with-midi2-0</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>USB Midi Host adapter</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/usb-midi-host-adapter</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 04 Mar 2026 18:16:05 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I wish to setup 2 keyboards in a master/slave configuration. Neither keyboard has midi connectors. If I connect a USB Midi host adapter to each of the usb ports on the keyboards and then run...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I wish to setup 2 keyboards in a master/slave configuration. Neither keyboard has midi connectors. If I connect a USB Midi host adapter to each of the usb ports on the keyboards and then run a midi cable from midi out on the master to midi in on the slave will I be able to then send midi from the master to the slave.<br />Tks <br />John</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>John Munro</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/usb-midi-host-adapter</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Testers for a powerful App that controls Windows with MIDI devices</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/testers-for-a-powerful-app-that-controls-windows-with-midi-devices</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 30 Jan 2026 23:08:16 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I’m looking for a small number of Windows users to participate in a private test of MIDI Command Studio — a desktop utility that turns MIDI controllers into configurable control surfaces for...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><span>I’m looking for a small number of Windows users to participate in a private test of MIDI Command Studio — a desktop utility that turns MIDI controllers into configurable control surfaces for Windows applications.</span><br /><br /><span>The app maps MIDI notes, CCs, and faders to keyboard shortcuts, macros, and app/system volume, with per-device presets and LED feedback.</span><br /><br /><span>I’m inviting 5–10 experienced users with MIDI hardware to help validate the install, device handling, and core workflow before a wider release. Testers will receive a free license for the full version.</span><br /><br /><span>It's already quite a powerful tool for people who want to control windows with their MIDI devices.</span><br /><br /><span>If you’re interested, please reply or DM with:</span><br /><span>– Windows version</span><br /><span>– MIDI controller(s)</span><br /><span>– Typical use case (e.g. editing, streaming, productivity etc)</span></p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>Jamie Crowther</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/testers-for-a-powerful-app-that-controls-windows-with-midi-devices</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>New Behringer K2 MKII Needs Keystep with Hz/V an S-Trig</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/new-behringer-k2-mkii-needs-keystep-with-hz-v-an-s-trig</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 22 Sep 2025 23:16:46 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi. It has been a while since I have posted anything here. I may not have posted anything at all. I have a question with my new Behringer K2 MKII and the Keystep 32. When I use the Arturia M...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi. It has been a while since I have posted anything here. I may not have posted anything at all. I have a question with my new Behringer K2 MKII and the Keystep 32. When I use the Arturia MIDI Control Centre and change the standard from V/Oct to Hz/V and R-Trig to S-Trig, and run a MIDI cable to the K2, it all works as expected. When I use V/Oct and R-Trig on the Keystep, it does not work as expected. However, when I look at the MIDI signals there seems to be no change in the data. I am not using the CV out and Gate out for anything. I am curious as to how this works.</p>
<p>I know there are things you can do to make the K2 respond to V/Oct and R-Trig but I would also like to be able to convert the information on my own using something like miRack and VCV Rack - editing MIDI signals as needed.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>Bruce</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/new-behringer-k2-mkii-needs-keystep-with-hz-v-an-s-trig</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Roland SCXX vs Yamaha MU15 BEST?</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/roland-scxx-vs-yamaha-mu15-best</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 03 Jun 2025 17:54:13 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Im using a MU15 and a 2x2 midi sport for my  1 man band. Im looking to bau a backup sound generator in case of MU15 death.
Does a Roland SCxx sound better than the MU15? I love the sound of...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Im using a MU15 and a 2x2 midi sport for my  1 man band. Im looking to bau a backup sound generator in case of MU15 death.</p>
<p>Does a Roland SCxx sound better than the MU15? I love the sound of my wifes Roland E66 piano!</p>
<p> </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>mark</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/roland-scxx-vs-yamaha-mu15-best</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>MIDI Powered-Unpowered Devices</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/midi-powered-unpowered-devices</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 05 May 2025 21:35:33 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I was disappointed with MIDI devices recently. I tried to connect my laptop and MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru V2 via Emu XMIDI 1x1 USB/MIDI adapter and the my other 4 synths. Quadra Thru is a b...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I was disappointed with MIDI devices recently. I tried to connect my laptop and MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru V2 via Emu XMIDI 1x1 USB/MIDI adapter and the my other 4 synths. Quadra Thru is a brilliant idea on which this device is built. It needs only 5v which MIDI system is based on.But Emu adapter doesn’t provide such voltage. It doesn’t provide any voltage or just 0.0002v. I haven’t been aware that passive and active MIDI devices exist. MIDI is MIDI and connected devices should work. But they don’t… How could the renowned company, Emu, build such a poor device? I have got two of them. Fortunately, I own M-Audio adapter which provides 5v. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>Jaroslaw</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/midi-powered-unpowered-devices</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Roland SD-35 MIDI Player Replacement?</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/roland-sd-35-midi-player-replacement</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 18 Mar 2025 22:22:42 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Does anyone know of a satisfactory replacement for the Roland SD-35 MIDI player (pictured below)? I&#039;m on my 4th unit. As they are out of production, I&#039;m looking for a replacement. Any sugges...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Does anyone know of a satisfactory replacement for the Roland SD-35 MIDI player (pictured below)? I'm on my 4th unit. As they are out of production, I'm looking for a replacement. Any suggestions for a hardware general MIDI player that is easy to use on the gig? (not looking for a laptop solution) Thank you. </p>
&lt;img src=&quot; <span style="color:#aaa">removed link</span> " /&gt;]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>Mike C</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/roland-sd-35-midi-player-replacement</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Digital Flex Accordion</title>
                        <link>https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/digital-flex-accordion</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 05 Feb 2025 23:22:17 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Где можно заказать , приобрести Digital Flex Accordion ?]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Где можно заказать , приобрести <span>Digital Flex Accordion ?</span></p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware">MIDI Hardware</category>                        <dc:creator>Андрей Боровой</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://midi.org/community/midi-hardware/digital-flex-accordion</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		